Hello, you are using an old browser that's unsafe and no longer supported. Please consider
your browser to a newer version, or downloading a
October 20, 2022
Changes to NJSMART State Assessment Registration
There have been a few minor changes to the NJSMART State Assessment Registration Submission. Here is what you should be aware of.
Senior Media Specialist
In October 2022, some minor changes were released for NJSMART State Assessment Registration Submission. In OnCourse SIS, you’ll need to make a few data adjustments, but your normal reports are still good-to-go.
For a complete user guide, visit OnCourse University.
Here’s a summary:
- GradeLevel: A new acceptable value of 00 has been added for Kindergarten students taking ACCESS for ELLs. OnCourse now allows Kindergarten students to flow through to the report if they’re taking ACCESS for ELLs. Previously, these students were filtered out.
- DateFirstEnrolledInUSSchool: This field now validates against CountryOfBirth in SID Management instead of EnglishLearner. OnCourse now returns a value for DateFirstEnrolledInUSSchool for students whose CountryOfBirth is NOT United States or Puerto Rico.
Other Things You May Need to Update
There were a few other NJSMART changes that may change how you complete data in OnCourse. Make sure to review the other changes here. If you need a new Batch Updater set to remediate this data, just shoot us a message at email@example.com.
- ELLExemptFromTakingLAL and TestCode: The validation rule for ELLExemptFromTakingLAL and TestCode has been updated to disallow Y for students in grades 10 and 12 as ELA assessments are not given in these Grade Levels.
- ResponseMath: This field is now required for records with Science Test Codes.
- PaperTier: A new validation rule was added so that the field is required for all paper tests except for Kindergarten students.
Make room to grow.
Learn how OnCourse saves up to 2 hours a week for school staff.